Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I've Attracted a Crazy Liberal Stalker... Am I Now an Official RWE?

Happy Hot Days fellow R's!

I'm pretty sure I have been officially identified by the Left as a RWE - Right Wing Extremist.

Apparently my latest LTE really stirred up some crap and pissed off at least one person something awful. I thought it was one of my tamer letters. Although several regular lefties posted their typical responses to my letters, there were also several that complimented me in some form (a welcome surprise - maybe some of these people do understand the First Amendment). It is difficult for some of these posters stay on track and next thing you know they're back trashing GWB and how evil he was, and blaming me for it. One self-admitted non-fan even encouraged me to keep writing because he thinks I have a "flair for words" and "enjoyed" reading my letters. Now THAT is what democracy is all about. Talk first. Listen. Compare policies. Of course we are not all going to agree in congress. But I still hold out hope that somehow, some way, we can find honest leaders of both parties that check their egos at the door and take a vow of compromise.

Yesterday, when it was still over 80 degrees in my back yard at 10:00 pm, I was busy trying to finish a yard project when I remembered I hadn't picked up my mail yet. Imagine my surprise when there was notice from my mail-lady that I owed her $0.43 for "postage due" for a letter that was in my mailbox.

Sure enough, there was a legal sized envelope in my mail that was addressed boldly to:
WENDY LAKE. GRAHAM WA. 98338. No return address, no street address for me, and a one cent stamp on it. Inside was a three page, handwritten letter (all in printed caps) berating me for being a Republican and admitting it. Here is an excerpt of the first paragraph:

"Your letter to the editor only reaffirms your ignorance and sycophant allegiance to a Republican Party that is not only corrupt, but despised by the majority of the American Public".

Hmm... not just anyone can use, let alone spell, "sycophant" in their postings but there is at least one regular poster that uses the term frequently.

The next paragraph reads:

"We had a fascist gov't (sic) for eight yrs (sic) installed by a right wing Supreme Court".

This weirdo goes on for three full hand-written pages. He even enclosed a cut-out from what looks to be a magazine about Pat Robertson (stapled on the right side... hmmm... could we be looking for a real leftie?) This person also included a photocopied article on the state of California and their budget failure. Huh? Like I care what's going on in California right now?

Of course, this coward didn't sign his name - not even his cute little "handle" used on the online comments forum, which I suspect he changes frequently.

Needless to say, if this person wanted to freak me out, he succeeded enough in that I reported it to the Sheriff's Department. I have a case number and I have a list of three regular posters that I suspect. The wording and other elements of this letter should help me to pinpoint who it is, and I intend to expose them. I'm working with the PCSD and my postmaster to resolve the problem.

I pray for this person and hope he knows that the letter made its way to me somehow and to never do it again (the fact it got to me without an address or postage really should give you a clue that I'm well known in my community - and they've got my back). Putting a letter like that through the mail - especially with postage due - doesn't accomplish a thing and you aren't going to change my mind, so why risk a stalking charge and jail time over something as basic as freedom of speech, and dare I say, differences of opinion? By the way, did you know that this letter can easily be traced due to the bar codes imprinted on the envelope after processing?

I am NOT an elected politician. There is not much I can do for you anyway. I was elected to be the representative (PCO) of the Pierce County Republican Party in my precinct. Period. TOTALLY PARTISAN. I've never, ever tried to hide my party affiliation or loyalty. I'm a little disturbed that you felt the urge to hand write a letter to me, and in such a manner - to a woman you don't even know (remember Thelma and Louise?) - and not have the stones to simply identify yourself. What a coward. But not to mind, the Sheriff's Department is fully informed. My dog is fully loaded - 65+ pounds with lots of healthy teeth and a VERY protective attitude.

It all makes me very sad. I'm beginning to think Bobo had better direct his teleprompter writers to remind Americans that he is also half "white", produce the dang birth certificate and otherwise keep his big mouth shut.

That's all I can stand for now.

Take good care, and please God bless America and all Americans.

Breezie (Wendy L.)

BTW: I've finally decided what I need to do with my tax return. I'm going shotgun shopping tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment